Vantage Point Organizational Health Assessment Training for Certification
This 2 x 2-hour online training is an important step in the Vantage Point certification process. To take this training, you need to submit an application for review by Vantage Point faculty first.
The overall training goal is building your professional readiness to use Vantage Point, with some support and supervision, in a real client project. Specifically, the training objectives are to prepare you to:
- Articulate the relevance and role of organizational health for performance
- Advise clients on effective and ethical use of the Vantage Point assessment
- Explain the methodology underpinning the Vantage Point survey
- Analyze and make meaning from Vantage Point survey results
- Share results with a client in a manner that nurtures trust and commitment to action
- Build on Vantage Point results to prioritize and scope interventions
- Use Vantage Point as a data point in evaluating progress and change in the organization
- Take your next steps in your certification process.
Session 1: Understanding Vantage Point and Contracting with the Client
- Rationales for assessing organizational health
- Five elements of organizational health
- Vantage Point tool history, validity, methodology
- Ethical considerations when using Vantage Point
- Client contracting process
- Vantage Point data analytics platform
Session 2: Giving Client Feedback on Assessment Results and Designing Action Steps
- Data analysis and pattern-discovery
- Sharing results with the client
- Potential pitfalls
- Co-designing actions with the client
- Evaluating client change and progress
- Preparing your next steps in the certification process
Vantage Point Faculty
Dr. Glen Fahs
The training mainly works towards developing these OD professional competencies:
Understands and applies basic data gathering methodologies, including both qualitative and quantitative techniques (e.g., surveys, interview/focus groups, etc)
Fosters commitment, equity, diversity, and engagement based on an environment of trust. Promotes the health and vitality of an organization to embody its mission, vision and values.
Date: Friday, February 19, 2021 and Friday, February 26, 2021
Time: 1 - 3 pm PST on both Fridays
Format: Interactive live facilitated Zoom online sessions with some pre-work for each session.
The group size is limited to 16 participants.
Cost (includes both sessions): $ 125 for ODN Oregon Members. $ 250 for non-members. Free for approved active CCP volunteers.
Register: Through Eventbrite. Online registration available until 8 am on February 16.